French Toast. One of my favorite breakfast items. Although breakfast is not my favorite meal of the day, I do love French Toast for Brunch. Fills me up all the way to dinner time. Here is my recipe for the ultimate of French Toasts!
ULTIMATE FRENCH TOAST
– Thick sliced bread or Leftover French Bread, sliced (I had no french bread, I think leftover crusty bread is best)
– 2 Eggs
– 1/2 Cup Whole Milk (you can use any milk)
– 2 T. Plain Yogurt
– 1/4 t. ground Cinnamon
– 1/4 t. ground Nutmeg
– Dark Brown Muscovado Sugar for sprinkling
– Confectioner’s sugar for dusting (optional, I think it looks pretty)
– The best 100% pure Maple Syrup
Heat a pan on medium. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, yogurt and spices. Whisk well until fully combined. Add a pat of butter or margarine and swirl around in pan until melted. Dip your slice of bread into the egg mixture and get it all covered with the liquid. Put bread in pan and sprinkle with a little of the muscovado sugar. Cook both sides until you hear a hollow sound when the bread is tapped lightly. You only need a sprinkling of the muscovado sugar on one side. Transfer to a plate and add some fresh fruit slices or berries. Pour a little maple syrup and dust with confectioners sugar. Bonne appetito!