Living in Quebec, I had a hard time finding these Milkshakes, after receiving several requests to “pick me one up on your way home please”. Unfortunately, the McD’s around here don’t know what a Shamrock Shake is….Oooops! So the next alternative was to make one myself. I have never had a Shamrock Shake so I can’t compare. I enjoyed this frothy cold minty delight.
– 2 Cups Whole Milk
– 1/4 Cup 35% Cream
– 6-8 Large Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream (I used 8, I like it thick!)
– 1 teaspoon Pure Peppermint Extract
– Several drops of green food coloring
– ColdWhipped topping
– Shaved chocolate for topping
– Maraschino Cherries (one with stems would have been even cuter)
You know what to do…Throw it all into a blender and process until smooth. Top with some whipped topping, shaved chocolate and a cherry. Voila! You’re homemade Shamrock Shake. Who needs McDonald’s anyways. LOL!