“Friday Afternoon Kocktails” time… Made a delicious refreshing Sour Cherry Sangria. Yum yum, this hit the spot Friday afternoon after work, a tall glass loaded with ice, sitting by the pool, chilling with my Sangria, on a hot sunny day, I couldn’t ask for more. Cheers!
Sour Cherry Sangria
– 1 Bottle of Zinfandel (750ml)
– 3 Cups of FRESH squeezed Orange Juice (I used about 4 Really Big oranges).
– 2 Cups Club Soda or 7-Up (I like the fizzy and I used 7-Up)
– 1/4 Cup Triple Sec
– 1 Jar Sour Pitted Cherries, juice drained (NOT Maraschino)
– 1/2 Cup of the Sour Cherry Juice (from the jar)
– Several Slices of Oranges (keep a few to decorate your glasses)
– Several Slices of Lemons
– Lots of Ice (for the glasses not the pitcher)
In a glass pitcher add the Zinfandel, the fresh squeezed Orange Juice, Club Soda or 7-Up, Triple Sec, Sour Cherries, Sour Cherry Juice, Orange and Lemon slices. Stir well and refrigerate until very cold. In a tall glass, fill with ice, pour in Sangria, decorate the rim with a few orange slices…Enjoy! Simply refreshing !!