This is my newest discovery. Choosing healthy snacks has become a better option for me. I discovered these on a shopping trip and they are very delicious and quite satisfying. Just a handful and I am a happy camper. When I am feeling like cheating I grab some and feel like I just indulged in a sinful dessert. I am sure many of you may have already “Discovered” this amazing treat. “ORGANIC TRADITIONS – DARK CHOCOLATE ALMONDS”.
Ahhhh weddings, my lovely niece is to marry this June and I have been busily crafting her table number cards. This is what has been keeping me buzzzzzy today. Running in and out getting this and that, and back out again because I am so organized, Not… well not lately anyways. As soon as I am done I will post a pic of how they turned out. I must say I am pretty impressed with myself, considering I have 15 to do…. and I am only on number 4 Ooops! GET BACK TO WORK!! LOL
Have a great day everyone in blog land!
OMG! I am up to date with watching the televised series of “GAME OF THRONES”
!!??WHAT??!! I can’t believe Eddard Stark was executed (Beheaded)! I was shocked, such a strong character … GONE!!! I kept hoping there would be some fantasy plan that he would pop back up onto the show, awaken in the forest, be brought down from the skies…. nothing, poo!! I am saddened. I continue to watch. Maybe a witch will bring him back. Sniff Sniff. I do have to say this show does have surprises that you are not expecting.
REST IN PEACE LORD EDDARD STARK
It’s been a busy start of the week, and dinners have had to be quick, easy and did I mention quick? Had some leftover chicken in the refrigerator and was wondering what I could do with it. This is a recipe that has a whole lot of flavor BUT is not so big on the Fat. The traditional recipe for Alfredo sauce calls for cream and butter, not this one. Try it, and I am sure you will agree it is just as satisfying without all the calories.
CHICKEN BROCCOLI ALFREDO PASTA
– About 2 Cups Cooked Chicken, cut up
– 5 strips cooked bacon, broken up (turkey bacon works well, press into a paper towel after cooking to remove any fat)
– About 1 Cup Steamed Broccoli
– Prepared Pasta (Whichever kind you like, bowties, rotini, penne etc…)
– 1 & 1/4 Cups Chicken Broth (I use the less sodium one)
– 4 tsp. Flour
Method: In a large saucepan pour in the Chicken Broth. Whisk in the 4 tsp. Flour. Next add,
– 1/3 Cup Low-Fat Cream Cheese
– 2 Tblsp. Parmesan Cheese
– 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
– 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
– 1 Tblsp. Parsley (optional)
– Combine all these ingredients into the broth mixture and cook for approx. 2 minutes until it begins to boil and has thickened. Add the cut up chicken and bacon and stir. Next, toss in your prepared pasta and broccoli and toss it all up and serve. Bon Appetit!