I entered a chili contest. Woohoo! I am sharing the Ranting Chef’s page with you all. The chili I entered, is a meatless chili, seems strange right ? Shouldn’t chili be full of meat ? Well mine isn’t!!! LOL Mine is a delicious Tofu chili, don’t knock it until you try it. It really, really is deliciously good. I am not the biggest fan of meat, but I do like a steak once in a blue moon. I love love chili, and I wanted to make a recipe that uses Tofu… tada so here it is. I would so love if you could VOTE for my “Audi Rose, Terrific Tofu Chili” at http://www.rantingchef.com please vote contest poll closes October 22, 2014… 😀 TANX!
My latest recipe addition, an alternative to the normal “ground Beef Chili” this is a little more healthier and has a whole lot of taste. Adding tofu makes it an even healthier choice.
Ground Chicken Tofu Chili
– 1 lb Ground Chicken
– 1 pkg Tofu (plain or herbed, I used herbed)
– 1 large Onion, Chopped
– 2 large Cloves Garlic, Minced
Method: I a large skillet, cook ground chicken adding the onion and garlic. If there is any fat in the pan, discard carefully. Now add the following:
– 2 Tblsp. Chili Powder
– 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
– 1/2 tsp. dried Oregano Leaves
– 1/2 tsp. Pepper
– 1/2 tsp. Hot Pepper Flakes
Add the spices/herbs to the chicken mix and stir well. Let cook on low for about 3 minutes. Add this mixture to a slow cooker pot and turn on to low. Add the following ingredients:
– Crumble in the rinsed tofu (I rinse the tofu before using and slice it up, makes it easier to crumble)
– 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes
– 1 can Tomato Paste
– 1 container Mushrooms,washed and sliced
– 1 1/2 of Green Peppers, chopped
– 2 cans (19oz or 540ml) Red Kidney Beans, rinsed well in cold water (I use the kidney/chick pea/nava bean mix)
– 1 1/2 Cups corn kernels (fresh, canned or frozen)
Include all these ingredients to the crock pot (slow cooker) and stir well to mix. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Stirring every once in a while. I serve my chili with rice and crusty bread. I also add a dolop of sour cream or cheese to top it off. As usual, you can do whatever you please, a simple yet delicious fulfilling meal. Salute!