Friday Afternoon Kocktail time! Made up a slushy Strawberry-Banana Morgan cocktail, was really really good!
– 3 oz Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum
– 3 oz Banana Liqueuer
– a whole container of Fresh Strawberries (reserve a few whole ones with their green tops for deco), washed and cut up (put them in the freezer for an hour or two)
– Lots of Ice (2-3 cups)
In a blender, add the very cold strawberries and blend until pureed (if you want, I pressed them through a sieve, cuz I don’t appreciate the seeds stuck in my teeth!). Return the strawberries to the blender if you pressed them and throw in the Spiced Rum, Banana Liqueur and the ice (I like lots of ice, I used more than a cup, probably 2.5 cups). Blend and blend away. Once it is thoroughly blended pour into some pretty glasses and decorate with your whole strawberries….P-R-E-T-T-Y!! and yummers to boot!
“FAK !” I hope to have a recipe every Friday for our “Friday Afternoon Kocktails”. It is nice to just sit and relax and have a cocktail (you can make it virgin, they still taste amazing even if you don’t add the alcohol) and cocktails look soooo pretty too! Weather has been rather hot here to say the least, the humidity just makes it more unbearable. At least I have some comfort in the enjoyment of my pool and a nice cold refreshment makes it so much more enjoyable. My recipe for my cold frothy Pina Coladas. You can hold the alcohol or not, your choice. I opted for the booze (Oooops!).
– 2 Cups Fresh Pineapple (Blended and pureed and put into ice cube trays, Freeze. Do this a day ahead)
– 3 oz Rum (I used 1 oz Bacardi White Rum and 2 oz Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum)
– 1/2 Cup Coconut Cream
– 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
– 1 Cup Crushed Ice
– Fresh Slices of Pineapple and Maraschino Cherries (on the stem if you can find them) for Decoration and eating enjoyment 🙂
Put all the ingredients into a blender and Blend, Blend, Blend… Serve immediately in a tall glass and decorate with Pineapple slice (I forgot to keep myself a few slices of fresh pineapple, o0yyy! But I did add the cherries heehee). A cute little paper parasol was missing, oh well next time.