Friday Afternoon Kocktail time! Made up a slushy Strawberry-Banana Morgan cocktail, was really really good!
– 3 oz Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum
– 3 oz Banana Liqueuer
– a whole container of Fresh Strawberries (reserve a few whole ones with their green tops for deco), washed and cut up (put them in the freezer for an hour or two)
– Lots of Ice (2-3 cups)
In a blender, add the very cold strawberries and blend until pureed (if you want, I pressed them through a sieve, cuz I don’t appreciate the seeds stuck in my teeth!). Return the strawberries to the blender if you pressed them and throw in the Spiced Rum, Banana Liqueur and the ice (I like lots of ice, I used more than a cup, probably 2.5 cups). Blend and blend away. Once it is thoroughly blended pour into some pretty glasses and decorate with your whole strawberries….P-R-E-T-T-Y!! and yummers to boot!
“FAK !” I hope to have a recipe every Friday for our “Friday Afternoon Kocktails”. It is nice to just sit and relax and have a cocktail (you can make it virgin, they still taste amazing even if you don’t add the alcohol) and cocktails look soooo pretty too! Weather has been rather hot here to say the least, the humidity just makes it more unbearable. At least I have some comfort in the enjoyment of my pool and a nice cold refreshment makes it so much more enjoyable. My recipe for my cold frothy Pina Coladas. You can hold the alcohol or not, your choice. I opted for the booze (Oooops!).
– 2 Cups Fresh Pineapple (Blended and pureed and put into ice cube trays, Freeze. Do this a day ahead)
– 3 oz Rum (I used 1 oz Bacardi White Rum and 2 oz Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum)
– 1/2 Cup Coconut Cream
– 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
– 1 Cup Crushed Ice
– Fresh Slices of Pineapple and Maraschino Cherries (on the stem if you can find them) for Decoration and eating enjoyment 🙂
Put all the ingredients into a blender and Blend, Blend, Blend… Serve immediately in a tall glass and decorate with Pineapple slice (I forgot to keep myself a few slices of fresh pineapple, o0yyy! But I did add the cherries heehee). A cute little paper parasol was missing, oh well next time.
Living in Quebec, I had a hard time finding these Milkshakes, after receiving several requests to “pick me one up on your way home please”. Unfortunately, the McD’s around here don’t know what a Shamrock Shake is….Oooops! So the next alternative was to make one myself. I have never had a Shamrock Shake so I can’t compare. I enjoyed this frothy cold minty delight.
– 2 Cups Whole Milk
– 1/4 Cup 35% Cream
– 6-8 Large Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream (I used 8, I like it thick!)
– 1 teaspoon Pure Peppermint Extract
– Several drops of green food coloring
– ColdWhipped topping
– Shaved chocolate for topping
– Maraschino Cherries (one with stems would have been even cuter)
You know what to do…Throw it all into a blender and process until smooth. Top with some whipped topping, shaved chocolate and a cherry. Voila! You’re homemade Shamrock Shake. Who needs McDonald’s anyways. LOL!
What’s better than hitting the poolside after a 3 hour bike ride…. DRINKS!! I came up with a concoction of a drink that quenched my thirst delightfully (heeheehee). I am calling it the “Latin Lover” … It’s a very simple recipe that calls for Rum…Mango…Rum…Strawberry…Rum and oh yeah the secret ingredient… R-U-M!!!
LATIN LOVER POOLSIDE REFRESHMENT (Adults Only!)
2 Mangos (fresh) cut up
1 Cup Fresh Frozen Strawberries
6-8 0z Light Rum
1 Cup Ice
Blend all ingredients in a blender. Sugar the rim of your glass. Add ice to the top. Pour in Blended Drink Mix. Garnish with a thin slice of green apple and a cherry with stem. Ummm yum yum!